Please thoroughly review ALL of the below information to avoid receiving quality issues and possible re-signs. Most errors are avoidable by reviewing ALL of the information below. Your performance rating weighs heavily on doing business with FASS and continuing to receive signing appointments from us. If we identify you as a signing agent accruing continuous quality issues due to any of the items listed below, your account WILL BE placed on either certain lender restrictions or possible termination from receiving any future signings from FASS.
*USE ALL JOB AIDS INCLUDED WITH SIGNING PACKAGE TO HELP YOU AVOID ERRORS AT ALL TIMES***USE ALL JOB AIDS INCLUDED WITH SIGNING PACKAGE TO HELP YOU AVOID ERRORS AT ALL TIMES*
- 4506-T Attestation boxed not checked- Please be sure the borrowers are signing this document AND ALSO entering a check mark in the box just above the signature. Do not allow borrowers to edit this form or add additional non-borrowing spouse/names that are not shown on the form. If spouse’s name is included on line 2a, spouse must sign at the bottom of the form. If lender included a separate form for spouse, ensure borrower and spouse sign each form correctly.*See attached job aid which is also included with each signing package. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS
- Customer Identification Form (All Lenders)- This form requires for the borrowers to show 2 separate types of I.D.’s to complete the identity form at least (1) of the identifying documents must be current (non-expired) government issued with a photo of the borrower.- You MUST write in the issuance date & expiration date of identification used and have the borrowers to sign. *See attached completed form example job aid for assistance. READ THE DOCUMENT
- Signature Name Affidavit- This form MUST be completed exactly as shown on the job aid. You will receive a quality issue if this form is not completed exactly as shown. Notaries are forgetting to sign this document and affix seal. *See attached job aid which is also included with each signing package. Must sign EXACTLY as shown. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS
- Missing Acknowledgment date on Deed of Trust- Please note you must read the acknowledgment section as the date may not be pre-populated for you OR there’s not an underscored line for the date to be written in. However, you must enter the date of acknowledgment
- Missing initials on 1003 Loan Applications- You must ALWAYS have the borrowers to initial the bottom of each page of this formif there are initial/signature lines shown.
- Missing State/County Venue- Please be sure you are reviewing each document requiring a notarization for the State/County Venue. You must be sure to add this information each time
- Trustee Verbiage- You must ALWAYS follow the lender specific instructions included within the signing package. All lenders do not require the same verbiage to be written out by the borrowers *See attached job aid which is also included with each signing package. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS
- HUD/VA addendum to Uniform Residential Loan Application- Borrowers signatures are being missed at the bottom of BOTH pages. Please be sure to review the job aid included in the signing package to make sure the borrowers sign in all required sections *See attached job aid which is also included with each signing package. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS
- Margin Infringements- Notaries and borrowers are not to sign anywhere outside of the margins on any of the documents. Please be sure to explain this to the borrowers as their adding signatures.County recorders are now using a machine to scan documents for any marks/letters outside the margins automatically
- Notice of Right To Cancel- Pay very close attention to this document to make sure borrowers sign and date in all required sections. Be sure borrowers are entering the correct dates.
- Missing/Unacceptable funds- If the borrowers are to provide funds at closing, please be sure to double check that the funds being collected are acceptable… Should the borrowers refuse to provide funds, or provide acceptable funds please contact the lender teams ASAP *If you are unable to reach anyone to confirm, please adjourn closing immediately. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS
Examples of unacceptable payments:
- Personal checks over the amount of $1500 are not acceptable forms of payment
- Checks that are not made out to First American Mortgage Solutions are not acceptable forms of payment
- Third-party checks, business checks, starter checks and cash are not acceptable forms of payment
- Money orders issued by a non-bank that provides financial services(e.g., Western Union) are not acceptable forms of payment
- Checks with incorrect amounts written in the box, the amounts must match
- Checks not from an account of a borrower on the loan.
- Unsigned check
- Online bill payment or automatic transfers for one-time payments are not acceptable forms of payment *Not to be confused with wired funds*
- Fax Backs- Always remember to thoroughly review the “Signing Agent Checklist” included in the signing package to double check or determine if the order requires specific documents to be faxed back to us All pages must be faxed back not just the signature pages. *Our NEW scan/upload feature located on the vendor website will allow your faxback upload to be dated and time stamped. See more details below
As a reminder ALWAYS READ the LENDER INSTRUCTIONS on each order to avoid missing specific requirements. Our notary lender instructions are updated frequently so it is very important for you to read. Failure to read the instructions will cause quality issues to be logged against your performance.
Notary Lender Instructions include:
- Fax backs of Critical Document requirements
- Bank of America- 100% All pages of the Critical Docs (not just the signature pages) are to be faxed back onALL BofA orders
- Wells Fargo- 100% All pages of the Critical Docs (not just the signature pages ) are to be faxed back on all REFINANCE TRANSACTIONS ONLY
- Freedom Mortgage- 100% All pages of the Critical Docs (not just the signature pages) are to be faxed back on ALL signings
- Ditech- 100% of ENTIRE PACKAGE is to be faxed back on all INVESTMENT PROPERTY orders
***We encourage you to use the faxback upload feature on the FASS Portal which will provide us with the date/time stamp of the faxback upload***
- Information regarding certain documents that maybe included in package
- Details on how to communicate with the borrowers
- Some lender signings do not require the notaries to reach out to borrowers prior to the appointment, you must read the instructions prior to completing the Call to Borrowers to avoid this mistake
- Contact information for First American lender specific escrow assistants
If you are unsure of your state specific requirements, please contact the NNA hotline at 1-888-876-0827 for notarial guidance.
Mon-Fri 5am-7pm (PT) and Saturday 5am-5pm (PT).